How to bridge a React Native View Component (for fun and gifs)
Unless you're willing to dig into how to bridge existing native code into React Native, you're just going to sit on a gold mine of Native Components.
As soon as you're ready to, Jason Brown is willing show you how to bridge Native Components by example.
His Component of choice is Flipboard's FLAnimatedImage: a performant animated GIF engine for iOS.
There is plenty of information out there about bridging modules, and view components.
Here are a few
- Leverage Existing iOS Views In Your React Native App
- React Native View Components (½)
- React Native View Components (2/2)
- Packaging a React Native component
- Native UI Components – React Native Documentation
What are we bridging?
We are going to do a very basic bridge of FLAnimatedImage. Basically it’s a performant component to render animated gifs.